Dubai’s Supreme Committee of Crisis and Disaster Management announced the COVID-19 guidelines for New Year’s Eve celebrations in Dubai on Tuesday, December 28.
The committee also announced that firework shows for New Year’s Eve celebrations will take place in 36 different locations across Dubai.
Here are the COVID-19 guidelines for New Year’s Eve celebrations in Dubai:
In a circular issued by Abu Dhabi’s Department of Culture and Tourism (DCT), dated December 28, the operating capacity for the NYE celebrations should exceed 60 per cent.
The new guidelines were sent by DCT to hotels, event organisers, tourism establishments and venue owners.
The measures laid out by DCT include:
• Attendees must present an Al Hosn Green Pass. The Green Pass status on the Al Hosn App is active for 14 days if you are fully vaccinated and have a negative PCR test result.
• Establishments and venues hosting NYE celebrations must implement EDE tests and temperature checks.
• Wearing face masks indoors and outdoors is mandatory.
• Those who are not fully vaccinated must show a negative PCR (Polymerase Chain Reaction) result taken within 96 hours of attending the event.
• A physical distance of 1.5 metres must be adhered to.
• All NYE events should have a clear entry and exit process for the site.
• Sanitisers must be provided.
• Venues and establishments organising NYE events should have teams to ensure compliance with the COVID-19 procedures.
• Families are allowed to sit together without the need for physical distancing.
Source: Gulf News